Today’s Current Affairs: 4th Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
Uganda Airlines Announcement:
- Uganda Airlines announced the commencement of direct flight services between Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport and Entebbe International Airport in Uganda, three times a week.
India’s manufacturing sector Status:
- In September, India’s manufacturing sector saw a notable slowdown, reaching a five-month low, as reported by the seasonally adjusted S&P Global India Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’
Hottest Place in India: Latest
- Sri Ganganagr is renowned as the hottest place in India due to its scorching summer temperatures, which regularly soar above 45 degree Celsius (115 degree Fahrenheit).
World Bank GDP Forecast:
- The World Bank maintains its 6.3% GDP growth forecast for India in FY24, despite global challenges. India’s resilience rests on domestic demand, infrastructure investments.
Prestigious Geographical Indication (GI) tag:
- Basohli Pashmina, a renowned traditional craft from the Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, has recently been awarded the prestigious Geographical Indication (GI) tag
Tallest Statue Of B.R. Ambedkar To Be Unveiled:
- The tallest statue of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, standing at 19 feet tall, also known as the ‘Statue of Equality,’ is set to be unveiled on October 14
- It represents the border between the Earth’s atmosphere and outer space.
- It is important for legal and regulatory purposes, since aircraft and spacecraft are subject to different jurisdictions and legislations.
Nobel Prize For Physics:
- Scientists Pierre Agostini, Ferenc Krausz and Anne L’Huillier won the 2023 Nobel Prize in Physics for “experimental methods that generate attosecond pulses of light for the study of electron dynamics in matter”.
India’s unemployment rate:
- India’s unemployment rate dropped to a one-year low in September as joblessness in rural areas fell despite weak monsoon rains.
- The overall joblessness rate slid to 7.09% last month, from 8.10% in August.
India’s skating contingent captures its first medal in Asian Games:
- India’s skating contingent captured its first medal at the ongoing Asian Games in Hangzhou as the women’s speed skating 3000m relay team consisting of Heeral Sadhu, Kartika Jagadeeswaran and Aarathy Kasturi Raj secured a bronze medal.
Innovation and Collaboration at ADIPEC 2023:
- As the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference continues to unfold at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
- Under the theme of “Decarbonising. Faster. Together.,” ADIPEC 2023 has attracted attendees from 164 countries, and India is making its presence felt with a dedicated pavilion.
Parul Chaudhary wins gold in women’s 5000m race:
- India’s long-distance runner Parul Chaudhary clinched her second medal in the Asian Games 2023.
Chandigarh Welfare Trust creates Guinness World Record:
- Chandigarh Welfare Trust created the Guinness World Record for the largest distribution of sanitary packets in 24 hours.
4th EMRS Cultural, Literary, Arts Fest-2023:
- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda will inaugurate the 4th National Eklavya Model Residential School Cultural, Literary and Arts Fest- 2023 at Maharana Pratap Sports College, Dehradun in Uttarakhand
HDFC Pension Launches NPS Preference Index:
- HDFC Pension Management Company Limited has launched a first-of-its-kind ‘National Pension System (NPS) Preference Index’ on the occasion of 2nd edition of NPS Diwas which was observed on 1st October 2023.
Captain Bana Singh PVC Nominated as Ambassador for ‘War Against Waste’ in J&K:
The Directorate of Rural Sanitation, Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir(J&K) has nominated Param Vir Chakra(PVC) Awardee Captain Bana Singh as the ambassador for the “War Against Waste”, initiative to takle sanitation challenges in rural areas of J&K.
197th Gunners day:
- The Regiment of Artillery, an operational arm of Indian Army, annually observes September 28th as the “Gunners Day”.
- The 28th of September 2023 marks the observance of the 197th Gunners day.
- The day commemorates the raising of 5 (Bombay) Mountain Battery, equipped with 2.5-inch Guns as the 8th Company of the Golandaz Battalion, Bombay Foot Artillery (India’s first Artillery unit), on 28th September 1827
Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2023 :
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) is annually observed across the globe during the month of October (from October 1 to 31) to raise awareness about breast cancer, promote early detection, support those affected by the disease, and raise funds for research, prevention, and treatment.
International Coffee Day 2023:
- International Coffee Day (ICD) is annually observed across the globe on 1 October to celebrate and promote the global love and appreciation for coffee.
- The 2023 theme of International Coffee Day is, “promoting the right to a safe and healthy working environment in the coffee supply chain”.
Uttarakhand CM UK Visit:
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister (CM) Pushkar Singh Dhami visited the United Kingdom (UK) from September 26-28, 2023 to invite Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) and industrialists for the upcoming Uttarakhand Global Investor Summit to be held in Dehradun, Uttarakhand in December 2023 to achieve the goal of a strong Uttarakhand.
- He participated in a roadshow organised for the Global Investors’ Summit in Birmingham (UK) and held a meeting with various industrialists.
- The theme of the Global Investor Summit to be organized in Uttarakhand has been kept as “Peace to Prosperity”.