Diabetes Global Industry Overview 2023 : Report
A new report titled “Diabetes Global Industry Overview 2023” sheds light on the staggering impact of diabetes on global health and healthcare expenditure.
- With nearly seven million deaths attributed to diabetes in 2021 and healthcare costs reaching $970 billion that year, diabetes poses a significant challenge to healthcare systems worldwide.
- The report identifies over 1,840 medical centers specializing in diabetes treatment, with the United States leading the market, hosting 1,466 of these centers, comprising approximately 78% of the global total.
- Following the US, countries with the highest numbers of diabetes treatment centers include India (58), Canada (51), the UK (42), Japan (29), and Australia (24).
- The report also highlights the diabetes diagnostics market, with over 1,800 medical centers and clinics specializing in diabetes diagnostics.
- The number of clinics in this segment has more than doubled from 567 in 1999 to 1,329 in 2022.
- However, market saturation became evident in 2019.
- The period between 2000 and 2007 witnessed significant growth in diabetes diagnostics, with an average of 38 new clinics per year