Today’s Current Affairs: 5th Jan 2024 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
Shashi Singh as the President of AIRIA:
- All India Rubber Industries Association Elects Shashi Singh as the President of AIRIA
- Mr. Shashi Singh will be succeeding Mr. Ramesh Kejriwal as the President of AIRIA.
NIIFL appoints Actis’ Sanjiv Aggarwal as chief executive officer:
- Government-backed National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited has appointed Sanjiv Aggarwal as its chief executive officer and managing director.
Google DeepMind introduces mobile ALOHA humanoid system:
- Stanford University has introduced Mobile ALOHA, a robotic system that advances the capabilities of bimanual mobile manipulation through low-cost whole-body teleoperation.
Government approves PRITHVI VIGYAN scheme worth nearly 4,800 crore rupees:
- The government has decided to implement the overarching scheme PRITHvi VIgyan (PRITHVI) for 4,797 crore rupees.
Ministry of Education launches PRERANA program:
- Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Education, Government of India has launched ‘Prerana: An Experiential Learning program’, aiming to offer a meaningful, unique, and inspiring experience to all participants, thereby empowering them with leadership qualities.
IT Ministry Launches ERNET Portal for Domain Registration of Educational Institutions:
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) has launched ERNET India’s newly developed integrated web portal for educational institutes in the country.
Amit Shah launches portal for procurement of pulses:
- He assured them that the two cooperatives, the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Limited (NAFED) and the National Cooperative Consumers’ Federation of India Limited (NCCF) would procure produce at a minimum support price or the market price.
REC Limited and Bank of Baroda join hands to finance Power, Infrastructure, and Logistics Projects:
- REC Limited has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Bank of Baroda to facilitate joint sanctions of loans to fund power, infrastructure, and logistics projects in the country over the next three years.
SBI raises $250 mn via Green Bonds to fund sustainable projects:
- State Bank of India (SBI) said it has raised USD 250 million through issuance of the Green Notes to fund sustainable projects.
- The bank has concluded the successful placement of USD 250 million senior unsecured Green floating rate notes, referred to as ‘The Green Notes’.
IITs Madras, Kanpur find way to recycle waste material from iron ore mining:
- Researchers at the Indian Institutes of Technology Madras and Kanpur have developed a process to convert waste produced from iron ore mining into an environment-friendly material that can be reused by industry.
SEBI appoints G Ram Mohan Rao as executive director for 3 years:
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has appointed G Ram Mohan Rao as Executive Director (ED) for three years.
Indian fintech funding witnessed a decline of 63% in 2023: Report:
- The FinTech sector in India has witnessed a downward trend as it received funding of $2 billion in 2023, a decline of around 63% and 73% compared to previous years, according to a report by data intelligence platform Tracxn.
Canara Bank CGM P Santhosh appointed as MD of NARCL, Sundar resigns as MD:
- P Santhosh, chief general manager at Canara Bank has been appointed as managing director and chief executive officer of National Asset Reconstruction of India Ltd (NARCL).