Today’s Current Affairs: 5th Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
Largest Country in the World 2023:
- Russia is considered to be the largest country in the world.
PayU elevates Anirban Mukherjee as Global CEO:
- Anirban Mukherjee, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of PayU India, has been promoted to the role of global CEO of PayU.
SBI launches Mobile Device for banking convenience:
- SBI launched Mobile Handheld Device to enhance accessibility and convenience in availing banking services to the customers.
- This device will provide cash withdrawal, cash deposit, fund transfer, balance inquiry and mini statement at doorsteps of customers.
SBI, Indian Navy launch NAV-eCash card:
- SBI and Indian Navy launched SBI’s NAV-eCash card onboard the country’s largest aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya
National Health Authority Organizes ‘Arogya Manthan 2023:
- The National Health Authority (NHA) hosted the two-day Arogya Manthan 2023’ at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi, Delhi.
- The event saw the anniversary celebrations of 5 Years of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) and 2 Years of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
Defence Minister Launched DAD Digital Initiatives SARANSH, BISWAS and e-Raksha Awaas:
- Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched several digital initiatives of the Defence Accounts Department (DAD) during its 276th annual day celebrations at Delhi Cantonment(Cantt), Delhi.
Ookla’s Speedtest Global Index:
- India Jumped 47 Places and Ranked 47th in Mobile Broadband Speeds
- Global Index (August 2023 edition) India has jumped 72 places and attained 47th rank (among 145 countries) with median download speed of 50.21 Mbps in ‘median mobile network speeds’ in the index.
- The list is topped by United Arab Emirates (UAE) with the median download speeds of 210.89 Mbps. Qatar and Kuwait stands at second and third rank with the download speed of 192.71Mbps and 153.86Mbps respectively.
NABARD Raises Rs 1,040.50 Crore in India’s First social Impact Bond:
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) raised Rs 1,040.50 crore by issuing India’s first ‘AAA’ rated Indian Rupee-denominated Social Bonds at a coupon rate of 7.63%.
IOCL Approves Two Joint Ventures to Set up Compressed Biogas Plants:
- The board of Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), a public sector Enterprise under the Maharatna category approved joint ventures with EverEnviro Resource Management Pvt Ltd and GPS Renewables Pvt Ltd for setting up compressed biogas (CBG) plants.
Sudha Murty Becomes 1st Woman to Get Global Indian Award:
- The renowned author and philanthropist Sudha Murty, chairperson of the Infosys Foundation, became the first woman to be honoured the Global Indian Award by the Canada India Foundation(CIF) at Indo-Canadian gala event held in Toronto, Canada.
ACC Extends Amit Agrawal’s Tenure as UIDAI CEO for 1 Year:
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the extension of Amit Agrawal‘s tenure as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) for a period of one year starting from November 2, 2023 up to November 2, 2024, or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
ACC Reappoints Nitin Gupta as Chairman of CBDT:
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the re-appointment of Nitin Gupta as the chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) for a tenure of 9-month with effect from 1st October 2023.
69th Wildlife Week:
- Wildlife Week is annually observed across India in the month of October from 2 to 8 October to spread awareness of the importance of wildlife and its conservation in India.
- The 2023 marks the observance of the 69th Wildlife Week.