Today’s Current Affairs: 6th Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
RBI Forms Working Group for Credit Loss-Based Provisioning Transition:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has established a nine-member working group to propose a framework for a smoother transition to the expected credit loss-based provisioning system (ECL).
- The group, led by R. Narayanaswamy, a former professor of IIM Bangalore, will include bankers and industry experts.
Nokia Opens 6G Lab Facility In Bengaluru:
- Telecom giant Nokia has made a significant stride towards the future of wireless technology with the establishment of its state-of-the-art 6G lab at the company’s global R&D center in Bengaluru, India.
- This “first-of-its-kind” project is set to revolutionize the way we perceive and interact with the digital and physical worlds.
Nobel Prize in Literature 2023:
- The Nobel Prize in Literature 2023 was awarded to Jon Fosse, “for his innovative plays and prose which give voice to the unsayable”.
Asian Games 2023:
- India’s men’s compound team of Abhishek Verma, Ojas Deotale and Prathamesh Jawkar secured another archery gold medal after its 235-230 win against South Korea in the Asian Games.
Cricket World Cup 2023:
- The 2023 Cricket World Cup is set to be held in India from October 5 to November 19
National turmeric board:
- The Union government of India has notified the constitution of the National turmeric board, which will focus on the development and growth of turmeric and turmeric products in the country.
4th EMRS National Cultural & Literary Fest and Kala Utsav-2023:
- Shri Arjun Munda, the Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, launches the 4th Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) National Cultural & Literary Fest and Kala Utsav-2023 in Dehradun.
78th Session of the United Nations General Assembly:
- The 78th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) was held at the United Nations (UN) Headquarters in New York City, USA, from September 18 to September 26, 2023.
- The world leaders, Heads of State and Governments, foreign ministers, diplomats, and representatives from member states, often called as the ‘Oscars of Diplomacy‘, attended the annual high-level week.
WHO and WADA Signs MoU to Collaborate on Clean, Drug-free Sport:
- WHO have recently inked a four-year Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that enables experts from both global organizations to work together and exchange information concerning areas where the realms of anti-doping and public health intersect.
- The MoU was signed in Geneva, Switzerland, between WADA president Witold Banka and WHO Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus.
NIIF Collaborated with JBIC to Launch India-Japan Fund:
- The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited (NIIFL) has entered into a collaboration with the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) to launch its first bi-lateral fund called India-Japan Fund (IJF) of Rs 49 Billion (USD 600 million).
- The Fund was established by NIIF Limited (NIIFL), a collaborative investment platform for international and Indian investors.
- The fund is anchored by the Government of India and JBIC.
Nobel Prize in Physics 2023:
- Pierre Agostini of France, and Ferenc Krausz of Hungary were awarded the 2023 Nobel Prize in Physics “for experimental methods that generate attosecond pulses of light for the study of electron dynamics in matter.”
- The Nobel Prize in Physics is awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden.
Sachin Tendulkar Named as ‘Global Ambassador’ for ICC ODI World Cup 2023:
- Former Indian cricket Player Sachin Tendulkar was named as the ‘Global Ambassador’ for the International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s Cricket One Day International (ODI) World Cup 2023.
World Teachers’ Day 2023-:
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)’s World Teachers’ Day (WTD) is annually observed across the globe on 5 October to recognise the important role that teachers play in education around the world.
- The 2023 theme of WTD is, “The teachers we need for the education we want: The global imperative to reverse the teacher shortage“.
Sukh Ashraya Yojana :
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister (CM) Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu launched the ‘Mukhyamantri Sukh Ashraya Yojana’ at the Ridge in Shimla (Himachal Pradesh) to provide comprehensive support to orphans, specially-abled children, destitute women, and elderly individuals in Himachal Pradesh.