Today’s Current Affairs: 7th Oct 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
Ojas Deotale is Nagpur’s First Asian Games Gold Medalist:
- Indian archer Ojas Deotale from Nagpur won gold medal in the men’s individual compound archery event in the final of Asian Games 2023.
Vibrant Gujarat Summit:
- 10th edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Summit on January 10, 2024.
- Gujarat’s Chief Minister, Bhupendrabhai Patel, has emphasized the state’s status as an attractive investment destination and has extended an invitation to global businesses to participate in the Summit.
World Cotton Day:
- World Cotton Day, observed on October 7 each year, emphasises cotton’s importance in generating jobs and supporting economies, especially in less developed countries.
- The day’s celebrations promote fair trade and help developing nations engage in all aspects of the cotton industry to improve their economies
SUGAM REC Mobile App For 54EC Bonds Investors:
- REC Limited, a prominent Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) specializing in Power Sector Financing and Development, announced the launch of its latest digital innovation, the ‘SUGAM REC‘ mobile application.
RBI Flags High Inflation:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has identified high inflation as a significant threat to macroeconomic stability and has reiterated its commitment to achieving a durable 4% inflation target.
Jyothi Surekha Vennam wins Gold in Women’s Archery at Asian Games 2023:
- India’s Jyothi Surekha Vennam won gold medal in the women’s individual compound archery event at the 19th Asian Games in Hangzhou, China, on Saturday. Jyothi defeated So Chaewon of South Korea
Indian Women’s Kabaddi Team Wins Gold In Asian Games 2023:
- Indian women’s kabaddi team emerged victorious against a determined Chinese Taipei, securing the gold medal in the Asian Games 2023
Nobel Peace Prize 2023:
- Narges Mohammadi “for her fight against the oppression of women in Iran and her fight to promote human rights and freedom for all”
DPIIT & Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya Signed MoU to Advance National Master Plan:
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, and the Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya (GSV), Gujarat based central university, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to advance Pradhan Mantri Gati Shakti (PMGS) National Master Plan(NMP).
- The MoU aims to advance India’s infrastructure and logistics sectors.
India-Bangladesh holds Joint Military Exercise SAMPRITI-XI 2023
- Exercise SAMPRITI-XI 2023, an annual joint military exercise between India and Bangladesh is held in Umroi, Meghalaya, for 14 days from 3rd October to 16th October 2023
- This is the 11th edition of the Exercise, which strengthens India-Bangladesh defence cooperation by promoting stronger bilateral connections, cultural understanding, and reciprocal benefits from shared experiences.
IndusInd Bank Launches ‘INDIE’, a Customer Oriented Digital Banking App:
- IndusInd Bank Limited launched INDIE, a customer centric digital mobile banking application(app), to empower customers with an all-in-one digital financial solution.
- This hyper-personalized financial super-app utilises the advanced analytics to provide personalized insights to its customers.
Fintech Startup slice Becomes SFB After Merger with NESFBL:
- Slice becomes SFB after merger with NESFBThe Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved the merger of North East Small Finance Bank Limited (NESFBL) and Bengaluru(Karnataka) based fintech startup slice(previously known as Slicepay).
- Following this merger, slice will become the 1st fintech firm to transform into a Small Finance Bank (SFB).
RBIH & Bhashini Collaborated for Linguistic Inclusion in Financial Services:
- Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH) and the Digital India Bhashini Division (DIBD/Bhashini) collaborated to explore and develop innovative solutions that foster linguistic inclusivity in the financial services sector.
- This partnership aims to extend the reach of digital financial services to users in their native tongues, ultimately providing seamless banking experiences for everyone.
Axis Bank Launches Its Digital Bank Proposition ‘Open by Axis Bank’:
- Axis Bank Limited which is headquartered in Mumbai ,Maharashtra has launched its digital banking proposition called ‘open by Axis Bank’ in its latest advertising campaign ‘Open 2023’
- The launch of ‘open by Axis Bank’ is a fulfilment of Axis bank’s vision to build Axis 2.0 as a digital bank within the bank to offer a personalized, intuitive, and hassle-free digital banking experience.
ACC Extends SBI Chairman Dinesh Khara’s Tenure till August 2024 & MD Ashwini Tewari’s Tenure by 2-year:
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet(ACC) has extended the tenure of the Chairman of the State Bank of India (SBI) Dinesh Kumar Khara till 28th August 2024 or till he attains the age of 63 years, or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
MP CM Shivraj Chouhan Inaugurated India’s Largest Pumped Storage Project at Neemuch:
- Chief Minister(CM) of Madhya Pradesh(MP) Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated India’s largest pumped storage project in Khemla block of Neemuch district in Madhya Pradesh.
- The project is being developed by Greenko Group, India’s largest energy storage company.