Today’s Current Affairs: 7th Dec 2023 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc:
Armed Forces Flag Day 2023:
- Armed Forces Flag Day is observed annually on December 7th to commemorate the contributions and sacrifices of the Indian Armed Forces.
- It is a day to honor the valor, courage, and unwavering dedication of the men and women who serve in the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force.
13th PM-Kisan fund:
- The government has introduced Face recognition and Aadhaar identification-based eKYC of farmers to ensure transparency in the PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme (PM-Kisan).
- To ensure good governance and transparency in direct benefit transfer to farmers, a new eKYC has been initiated after the release of the 13th PM-Kisan fund.
World Radiocommunication Conference 2023 appoints UAE’s Mohammed Al Ramsi as Chairman:
- United Arab Emirates’ Mohammed Al Ramsi has been appointed Chairman of the World Radiocommunication Conference 2023 (WRC 23).
- The event is being held in Dubai, UAE, from November 20th to December 15th, 2023.
Indian Oil and EKI Energy ink deal to promote ‘Surya Nutan’:
- Maharatna energy company Indian Oil Corporation and Global carbon credit developer and supplier EKI Energy Services have collaborated to promote sustainable indoor solar cooking systems.
- This strategic collaboration aims to promote ‘Surya Nutan’, IndianOil’s innovative indoor solar cooking system.
Solar power potential of 75,000 GW by 2050 possible with long-duration storage: Report
- Solar power generation capacity can go up to 75,000 gigawatts by 2050 globally with long-duration storage capacity, a report by the International Solar Association (ISA) and LDES Council, said.
President Draupadi Murmu gives National Award to Narayan Seva Sansthan’s President:
- Prashant Agrawal, President of Narayan Seva Sansthan, was honored with the prestigious National Award for ‘Best Personality- Empowerment of Differently-abled’ by President Draupadi Murmu at a ceremony organized by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
Amazon India Wins Prestigious National Award for Empowering Individuals with Disabilities:
- Amazon India announced its receipt of the prestigious National Award for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, awarded by the Government of India.
- The award was presented by Smt. Droupadi Murmu, Honourable President of India, at Vigyan Bhavan on International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
India provides $250 million Line of Credit to Kenya for agricultural modernization:
- India announced a $250 million line of credit to Kenya for the modernization of its agricultural sector as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting Kenyan President William Samoei Ruto agreed to strengthen bilateral ties in the fields of defense, trade, energy, digital public infrastructure, and healthcare.
Global Investors Summit in Dehradun from December 8-9:
- Dehradun is gearing up to host the Global Investors Summit on December 8-9, where organizers are anticipating a turnout of 5,000 delegates from India and abroad.
- The Summit aims to foster collaboration between exhibitors, private enterprises, and government organizations by giving them a platform to display advanced technologies, innovations, and upcoming trends.
Pakistan beats India by 10 votes to secure Vice Chair post at UNESCO:
- Pakistan beat India in an election at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) executive board for the position of vice chair
- Pakistan has been elected, with overwhelming support, as Vice Chair of the UNESCO Executive Board (term 2023-25) from the Asia Pacific Group at the ExB Session.
Indian Army’s Captain Geetika Koul becomes first woman medical officer to be deployed at Siachen:
- Captain Geetika Koul from the Snow Leopard Brigade became the first woman medical officer of the Indian Army to be deployed at the world’s highest battlefield, Siachen, after successfully completing the induction training at Siachen Battle School.
SBI Card joins Bharat BillPay in the credit card category:
- NPCI Bharat BillPay (NBBL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), has successfully integrated SBI Card, one of India’s leading credit card issuers, into the credit card category of Bharat BillPay.
Taylor Swift Named Time Magazine’s Person Of The Year:
- Taylor Swift has been named Time Magazine’s Person of the Year for 2023. This recognition comes on the heels of her title as the most-played artist on Spotify, underscoring the widespread impact of her music and influence.
Sri Lanka Reaches Agreement with India, Paris Club on Debt Treatment:
- An “agreement in principle” has been reached with India and the Paris Club group of creditors, including Japan.
Google Reveals ‘Gemini’, Its Biggest AI Model:
- In a bid to outpace competitors like OpenAI’s GPT-4 and Meta’s Llama 2, Gemini represents a major leap forward for the tech giant in the rapidly evolving field of artificial intelligence.
CII Predicts Robust Growth for India’s Economy in FY24 and FY25:
- India’s economy is poised for a strong rebound, with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) projecting a growth of 6.8% in the current fiscal year (FY24) and an acceleration to 7% in the subsequent fiscal year (FY25).
Italy Withdraws from China’s Belt and Road Project:
- Italy has officially withdrawn from China’s ambitious Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) marking a significant departure from its previous stance as the only G7 nation to participate.
Tata Motors Opens Its 4th Scrapping Facility In Punjab:
- This cutting-edge facility, developed and operated by Tata Motors’ partner, Dada Trading Company, underscores the company’s commitment to responsible manufacturing and eco-friendly practices.