10th Plenary Of IPBES:
The 10th plenary of the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) was held recently.
- 10th plenary of IPBES was on 28 August – 2 September 2023.
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Agenda: the scientific assessment report on “Invasive Alien Species and their Control”.( Invasive Species)
- The focus of IPBES 10 will be the thematic assessment of invasive alien species and their control, whose preparation was approved at IPBES 8.
- IPBES10 is the first meeting of this global body since the adoption of the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework (GBF).
Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES):
- Established: 2012.
- HQ: Bonn, Germany.
- IPBES Member States: 143.
- It is an independent intergovernmental body.
- It provides evidence-based and policy-relevant information on biodiversity and ecosystem services. ( Biodiversity conservation)
- Observer states and stakeholders also participate in Plenary sessions.
- IPBES assesses the state of biodiversity and the ecosystem services it provides to society, in response to requests from decision-makers.
- It is not a United Nations body.
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) provides secretariat services to IPBES.