110th Birth Anniversary Of Amrita Sher-Gil:
The National Gallery of Modern art in association with Liszt Institute, Hungarian Cultural Centre, New Delhi celebrated the 110th birth anniversary of Amrita Sher-Gil.
- Amrita was an Indian-Hungarian painter and one of the avant-garde women artists.
- Though her art education was from Paris, she has discovered the artistic traditions of India.
- She travelled widely in India during 1939 which brought a robust impact on the style of expression, figuration and composition in her artwork.
- Her famous works are
- A group of three girls.
- Brahmacharis, Bride’s toilet.
- Lady Daljit Singh of Kapurthala, Musicians, women on Charpoy, Camels and Village girls.