National Voters Day:
The Election Commission of India is celebrating the 11th National Voters Day on 25th January 2021.
- The National Voters’ Day has been celebrated on January 25 every year since 2011, all across the country to mark the foundation day of Election Commission of India, i.e. 25th January 1950.
- The main purpose of the NVD celebration is to encourage, facilitate and maximize enrolment, especially for the new voters.
- The theme for this year’s NVD, ‘Making Our Voters Empowered, Vigilant, Safe and Informed’.
- During the event, the Honourable President of India will confer the National Awards for the year 2020-21 and launch ECI’s Web Radio:‘Hello Voters’.
ECI’s Web Radio:‘Hello Voters’:
- This online digital radio service will stream voter awareness programs.
- It will be accessible through a link on the Election Commission of India website.
- The programming style of Radio Hello Voters has been envisaged to match that of popular FM radio services.
- It will provide information and education on electoral processes through songs, drama, discussions, sports, stories of elections, etc. in Hindi, English, and regional languages from all over the country.
The National Awards for the Best Electoral Practices:
- These will be conferred on State and District level officers for their outstanding performance in the conduct of elections in different spheres such as IT initiatives, Security Management, Election Management during COVID-19, Accessible Election, and contribution in the field of voter awareness and outreach.
- National Awards will also be given to important stakeholders like national icons, CSOs, and media groups for their valuable contribution towards voters’ awareness.