National Girl Child Day:
The National Girl Child Day is celebrated in India every year on January 24.
- It was started by the Ministry of Women and Child Development in 2008.
Objectives of the day
- To spread awareness about Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) Scheme Which was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in January 2015 at Panipat in Haryana.
- Generating awareness on the issue of declining Child Sex Ratio (CSR) and create a positive environment around valuing the girl child.
- National Education Policy (NEP)-2020has introduced the “Gender Inclusion Fund for targeting the development of girl child.
- The fund will focus on ensuring 100% enrolment of girls in schooling and a record participation rate in higher education.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking