3rd Session Of The National Platform For Disaster Risk Reduction :10th March
Prime Minister of India will inaugurate the 3rd Session of the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (NPDRR) at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on 10th March 2023
- National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (NPDRR) was established by the Indian government in 2013 to bring together all segments of the disaster risk community in India, including government officials, parliamentarians, mayors, the media, international agencies, non-governmental organisations, representatives from local communities, scientific and academic institutions, and corporate businesses, among others.
- The theme of this year’s session: “Building Local Resilience in a Changing Climate
- It facilitates the exchange of experiences, views, and ideas, presents the results of research and action, and explores the possibility of cooperating across continents.
- As a result of this platform, National Action Plans on Disaster Risk Reduction will have a strategic direction and an action plan.
- The Union Home Minister chairs the NPDRR, which is also headed by the Minister of State in charge of Disaster Management in the Ministry of Home Affairs and Vice-Chairman of, the National Disaster Management Authority.
- In the Ministry of Home Affairs, the Special Secretary/Additional Secretary/Joint Secretary responsible for the Disaster Management Division acts as the convener of NPDRR