44th Edition Of The Coveted Annual ISO COPOLCO Plenary:
India is hosting the 44th edition of the coveted annual ISO COPOLCO Plenary from 23-26 May 2023 in New Delhi.
- COPOLCO : The Committee on Consumer Policy of the International Organization for Standardization
- This event is being organized by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), the national standards body of India.
- It is anticipated that the ISO COPOLCO Plenary is an event that has a significant impact on the global economy and on the lives of people.
- ISO COPOLCO is reckoned as the major international event that brings together representatives from ISO member countries to discuss and develop strategies for accelerating the development of standards for the world.
- Committee on Consumer Policy is a committee of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) responsible for promoting consumer interests in the standardization process and for ensuring that standards are developed with the needs of consumers in mind.
- COPOLCO members are ISO members.
International Standards Organisation (ISO):
- ISO is an independent, non-governmental international organization made up of members from the national standards bodies of 168 countries.
- Central Secretariat is in Geneva, Switzerland.
- India is one of the founding members of ISO.