7th Eastern Economic Forum:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the Plenary Session of 7th Eastern Economic Forum being held in Vladivostok through video conferencing.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said that India is keen to strengthen its partnership with Russia on Arctic subjects.
- He said, along with energy, India has also made significant investments in the Russian Far East in the fields of pharma and diamonds.
- The Prime Minister said, in 2019, he had a chance to participate in this forum face-to-face and at that time he had announced the Act Far-East policy of India.
- Eastern Economic Forum is an international forum held each year in Vladivostok, Russia, for the purpose of encouraging foreign investment in the Russian Far East.
- It is held each year since 2015 in September, at the Far Eastern Federal University in Vladivostok, Russia.