UNESCO Global Network Of Learning Cities:
The Indian cities, Nilambur and Thrissur in Kerala, have gained recognition from UNESCO after they became the nation’s first entrants in the UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities along with Telangana’s second largest city, Warangal,
- According to UNESCO’s website, the network is a global policy-oriented network offering “inspiration, know-how and best practice”.
- There are six features that define a learning city:
- Effectively mobilises its resources in every sector to advocate inclusive learning
- Revitalises learning in families and communities
- Facilitates learning for and at workplaces
- Extends the use of modern learning technologies
- Augments quality and excellence in learning
- Fosters a culture of learning throughout life.