8th Governing Council Meeting Of NITI Aayog:
Prime Minister of India will preside over the eighth Governing Council meeting of NITI Aayog
- The theme of this meeting will be “Viksit Bharat @ 2047: Role of Team India”.
- Discussions will be made on eight prominent themes including- Viksit Bharat@2047, MSMEs, infrastructure and investments, minimizing compliances, women empowerment, health and nutrition, skill development, and Gati Shakti for area development and social infrastructure in the meeting.
- The Governing Council of NITI Aayog comprises-
- The Hon’ble Prime Minister of India,
- Chief Ministers of all the States and Union Territories with legislature,
- Lt Governors of other UTs,
- Ex-Officio Members,
- Vice Chairman,
- NITI Aayog; Full-Time Members,
- Special Invitees,
- It was reconstituted vide a notification in February 2021 by the Cabinet Secretariat.
- It is the premier body tasked with evolving a shared vision of national priorities and strategies, with the active involvement of States, in shaping the development narrative.