Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2023 : Nomination
The Women and Child Development Ministry has invited nominations for Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar.
- The Government conducts the prestigious Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar every year to give due recognition to children with exceptional abilities, who have achieved extraordinary recognition in the fields of Bravery, Sports, Social Service, Science & Technology, Environment and others.
- Age Limit is from 5 years to 18 years.
- It is given under two categories-
- Bal Shakti Puraskar To be given as recognition to children with exceptional abilities and outstanding achievement in the fields of innovation, scholastic, sports, arts & culture, social service and bravery.
- Bal Kalyan Puraskar : To individuals who have made an outstanding contribution towards service for children in the field of Child Development, Child Protection and Child Welfare for not less than 7 years.
- To institutions who have done exceptional work for the cause of children in any field of child welfare.
- Selection: A National Selection Committee, headed by Minister or Minster of state, Women and Child Development Ministry will finalize the names of the awardees.
- These Awards are given by the President in a special ceremony held in January every year.
- The awards carry a Cash prize of one lakh rupees, a medal and a certificate.