91st Interpol General Assembly : In Vienna
The Indian delegation, led by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and National Investigation Agency (NIA), urged member countries to deny safe havens to crime, criminals, and the proceeds of crime at the 91st Interpol General Assembly held in Vienna, Austria.
- Criminals and fugitives wanted by Indian agencies have been successfully returned through increased leveraging of Interpol channels and enhanced relationships with international law enforcement agencies.
Key Highlights of the 91st Interpol General Assembly:
- During the 91st Interpol General Assembly, resolutions were passed to strengthen the collaborative response to disrupt financial crime and corruption, combat online child sexual exploitation, and promote diversity within Interpol itself.
- The delegation engaged in discussions with law enforcement agencies from various countries on coordinated strategies to combat organized crime, terrorism, drug trafficking, money laundering, online radicalization, and cyber-enabled financial crimes.
- They also advocated for real-time prevention of these crimes.
- The delegation supported the adoption of Interpol’s Vision 2030 and the establishment of the Interpol Future Council.