‘A-HELP’ Programme : Uttarakhand
The Uttarakhand government launched ‘A-HELP’(Accredited Agent for Health and Extension of Livestock Production) programme.
- A-HELP (Accredited Agent for Health and Extension of Livestock Production) programme is launched in the State of Uttarakhand.
- The ‘A-HELP’ training programme is being run jointly by the Union Ministry of Rural Development and the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying.
- The program aims to address the healthcare needs of the livestock population in a village.
- In the programme, members of women self-help groups registered under the State Rural Livelihood Mission, who are helping in various animal husbandry activities in the form of Pashu Sakhi, will be trained.
- A-HELPs will help in artificial insemination under Rashtriya Gokul Mission (RGM), and in preventing the livestock from infectious diseases.