Aditya – L1 Solar Mission : ISRO
The Indian Space Research Organization is working on a space project Aditya L1 that will study the sun.
- Recently, the ISRO chairman announced that the spacecraft is to be launched in June or July this year.
- The Aditya spacecraft will study solar magnetic storms and the impact of the solar atmosphere on the earth.
- The spacecraft is to study the following:
- Solar Winds: These winds are created due to the expansion of the sun’s plasma
- Photosphere and Chromosphere of the sun
- Corona of the sun
- Energetic particles of the sun