Akhil Bhartiya Shiksha Samagam 2023: Under PM SHRI Scheme
Prime Minister will inaugurate Akhil Bhartiya Shiksha Samagam 2023 and also release the first instalment of funds under the PM SHRI Scheme at the event.
- Pradhan Mantri Schools for Rising India (PM-SHRI) Scheme is a Centrally Sponsored scheme announced in 2022.
- Objective is development of more than 14500 schools across the country by strengthening selected existing schools being managed by Central Government/ State/ UT Government/ local bodies.
- The duration of the scheme is from 2022-23 to 2026-27,after which it shall be the responsibility of the States/UTs to continue to maintain the benchmarks achieved by these schools.
- The selected schools will act as exemplar schools showcasing all components of the National Education Policy 2020 (NEP) and offering mentorship to other schools in their vicinity.
- The PM SHRI Schools will be developed as Green Schools, incorporating environment-friendly aspects.
- The focus will be on the learning outcomes of every child in every grade.
- Assessment at all levels will be based on conceptual understanding and application of knowledge to real-life situations and will be competency-based.
- Linkage with Sector Skill Councils and local industry for enhancing employability and providing better employment opportunities will be explored.
- A School Quality Assessment Framework (SQAF) is being developed, specifying the key performance indicators to measure outcomes. Quality evaluation of these schools at regular intervals will be undertaken to ensure the desired standards.