International Tiger Day 2023:
International Tiger Day is observed globally on July 29 every year.
- International Tiger Day is observed on July 29 each year.
- It serves as a platform to raise awareness about the endangered tiger species.
- It is celebrated worldwide to promote comprehensive efforts in safeguarding tigers and their natural habitats, fostering harmonious coexistence between humans and tigers.
- Global Tiger Day, commonly referred to as International Tiger Day, was first established in 2010 during the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit by nations that are home to tigers.
- 13 tiger range countries came together to create Tx2 – the global goal to double the number of wild tigers by the year 2022.
- The 29th of July was chosen as International Tiger Day because it represents the halfway point between the first and last days of the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit and the ongoing international campaign to rescue tigers.