All India Domestic Workers Survey Is At Final Stage
The Minister of State for Labour and Employment recently informed Lok Sabha that the Labour Bureau has undertaken an All India Domestic Workers Survey.
All India Domestic Workers Survey:
- This is the first-ever such surveyin independent India which was initiated in 2021.
- The survey would cover all States and Union Territories, covering 1.5 lakh households in 742 districts.
- The main objectives of the survey are:
- Estimate the number/proportion of domestic workers at the National and State level.
- Household Estimates of Live-in/Live-out DWs.
- The average number of DWs engaged by different types of households.
- Labour Bureau is an attached office under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, which was set up on 1st October 1946.
- It is entrusted with the work of compilation, collection, analysis and dissemination of statistics on different aspects of labour.
- It releases Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers, Agricultural/Rural Labourers, Retail Price Index of Selected Essential Commodities in Urban Areas etc.