The Bharat Dynamics (BDL) has successfully conducted a field firing test of its latest 3rd generation man-portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM), Amogha-III.
- Amogha-III is an indigenous missile which has been developed under Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP).
- It has a fire-and-forget capability and does not require external intervention after the launch.
- The missile also features dual-mode Imaging Infra-Red (IIR) Seeker systems with a range of 200 to 2500 meters.
- It showcases a tandem warhead, consisting of two separate explosive charges that are detonated in sequence.
- The first charge, known as the precursor charge, penetrates the target’s armour, creating a hole for the second charge, the main charge, to detonate inside, maximizing damage inflicted on the target.
- One of the unique features of the missile is it has both top and direct attack modes