Amrit Bharat Station Scheme: Objective
Ministry of Railways has recently formulated a new policy for modernization of stations named “Amrit Bharat Station” scheme.
- Amrit Bharat Station scheme envisages development of stations on a continuous basis with a long term vision.
- The scheme will subsume all previous redevelopment projects where work is yet to begin.
- The scheme aims at preparation of Master Plans of the Railway stations and implementation of the Master Plan in phases to enhance the facilities including and beyond the Minimum Essential Amenities.
- However, plans and consequent budgets will only be approved on the basis of factors such as footfall and inputs from stakeholders.
- Zonal railways have been given the responsibility of selecting stations, which will then be approved by a committee of senior railway officials.
- The model envisages low-cost redevelopment of stations which can be executed timely.
- The scheme also aims to relocate redundant/old buildings in a cost efficient manner so that space is released for higher priority passenger related activities and future development may be carried out smoothly.
- Provision for Roof Plaza to be created in future
- Free Wi-Fi, space for 5G mobile towers
- Smooth access by widening of roads, removal of unwanted structures, properly designed signages, dedicated pedestrian pathways, well planned parking areas, improved lighting etc.
- High level platforms (760-840 mm) at all stations with a length of 600 metres
- Special amenities for the disabled