‘Antardrishti’ : Financial Inclusion Dashboard
The Reserve Bank of India Governor launched a financial inclusion dashboard named ‘Antardrishti’.
- Antardrishti dashboard provides the necessary knowledge to evaluate and track the development of financial inclusion by recording relevant data.
- It will also make it possible to assess the degree of financial exclusion at a local level across the nation so that such places may be addressed.
- Financial Inclusion aimed to provide access to affordable and appropriate financial products and services, such as savings accounts, credit, insurance, and payment systems.
- The Reserve Bank has been promoting financial inclusion through various policy initiatives.
- To measure the extent of financial inclusion the central bank had constructed the Financial Inclusion (FI) Index in 2021.
- It is based on three dimensions of financial inclusion — ‘Access’, ‘Usage’ and ‘Quality’.
- The index captures information on various aspects of financial inclusion in a single value ranging between 0 and 100, where 0 represents complete financial exclusion and 100 indicates full financial inclusion.