Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana:
Employee’s State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has decided that in cases where the employer has shown “Zero” contribution in respect of an employee for some months before exiting him from the system, the relief under ABVKY for such period of “Zero” contribution, shall also be allowed.
- It was brought to the notice of ESIC that in some cases employers have struck off their employees from the rolls a few months after actually terminating them from service.
- During this period, ESI contribution was also not filed by the employers for these employees in the system.
- As the relief under Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana is available only in case of unemployment of the Insured Persons, such employees though terminated from service became ineligible for relief under this scheme.
- It is a welfare measure being implemented by the Employee’s State Insurance (ESI) Corporation.
- It offers cash compensation to insured persons when they are rendered unemployed.
- The Scheme was introduced in 2018.