Per Drop More Crop:
The Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW) is implementing a Centrally Sponsored Scheme of ‘Per Drop More Crop’ component of ‘Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY-PDMC)’ from 2015-16 in all the States of the country.
- It focuses on enhancing water use efficiency at farm level through Micro Irrigation viz. Drip and Sprinkler irrigation systems.
- Besides promoting Micro Irrigation, this component also supports micro-level water storage or water conservation/management activities to supplement source creation for Micro Irrigation.
- Efforts are being made to converge the ‘Per Drop More Crop’ Scheme with Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY), Namami Gange Districts, Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Surakshaevem Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM), Water Harvesting Structures through Watershed Development component of PMKSY to propagate micro-irrigation intensively
- With a view to providing impetus to the Micro Irrigation in the country, The Micro Irrigation Fund (MIF) with a corpus of Rs.
- 5000 Crore was created with NABARD during 2018-19.
- The GoI provides a 3% interest subvention on loans extended to State Govt. under MIF.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking