The fifth edition of the biennial AUSINDEX maritime exercise between the Indian Navy and the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) was conducted from 22-25 August 23 in Sydney.
- AUSINDEX-23 is a major biennial maritime exercise, being conducted since 2015.
- The exercise will provide an opportunity for both Navies to further bolster inter-operability, gain from best practices and develop a common understanding of procedures for Maritime Security Operations.
- This year’s edition was held in Australia.
- INS Sahyadri and INS Kolkata participated in the exercise along with HMAS Choules and HMAS Brisbane from RAN.
- Besides ships and their integral helicopters, the exercise also witnessed the participation of fighter aircraft and maritime patrol aircraft.