Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Bundelkhand Expressway at Kaitheri village in Orai tehsil of Jalaun district in Uttar Pradesh.
- The 296-kilometre long, four-lane Bundelkhand Expressway passes through seven districts, Chitrakoot, Banda, Mahoba, Hamirpur, Jalaun, Auraiya and Etawah.
- The 296-Km, four-lane expressway has been constructed at a cost of around 14,850 crore rupees.
- It can later be expanded upto six lanes as well.
- It extends from NH-35 at Gonda village near Bharatkoop in Chitrakoot district to near Kudrail village in Etawah district, where it merges with the Agra-Lucknow expressway.
- Work on the creation of industrial corridor in Banda and Jalaun districts, next to the Expressway, has already been started.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that this expressway will help in establishing Jhansi and Chitrakoot node of Defence corridor.
- He said that Jalaun district is also on number one in completing Ghaarauni of the villages in Bundelkhand region.