CBI Joined Interpol Global Academy Network:
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Academy joined the Interpol Global Academy Network at a virtual event.
- Interpol Global Academy Network was launched in 2019 with the aim of supporting Interpol in leading a global approach to Law Enforcement Training.
- It is a network of trusted law enforcement education institutions, both regional and national in scope.
- Members of the Global Academy support the creation and delivery of select digital and face-to-face training courses, covering INTERPOL’s tools and services, crime areas, and other law enforcement topics.
- They also help identify and coordinate responses to training needs and contribute to a knowledge exchange platform to advance law enforcement education through cutting-edge training tools and methodologies.
- The CBI Academy had become the 10th member of Interpol Global Academy Network.
- It is an international organization facilitating international police cooperation against cross-border terrorism, trafficking, and other crime.
- Governance: All decisions regarding the activities of INTERPOL are made by the General Assembly which is its supreme governing body which meets annually.
- It is an independent international organization.