Commando Battalion For Resolute Action (CoBRA) : Change In The Training Pattern
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is now considering a change in the training pattern of the elite anti-Naxal unit Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA).
- Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA) is a specialized force which has been raised for guerilla/jungle warfare type operations for dealing with Maoist and therefore also known as ‘jungle warriors’.
- Personnel for CoBRA are selected from CRPF as CoBRA is integral part of CRPF.
- They undergo rigorous commando & jungle warfare training before being posted to CoBRA BNs for anti-Naxal operations.
- In all there are 10 CoBRA Units Raised between 2008-2011.Most of its 10 battalions are deployed for anti-Naxal operations in Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand apart from some units tasked for counter-insurgency operations in the northeastern part of the country.
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF):
- It is the premier central police force of the Union of India for internal security.
- It functions under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) of the Government of India.
- Originally constituted as the Crown Representative Police in 1939, it is one of the oldest Central para military forces (now termed as Central Armed Police Force).