Continuation Of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) Till March 2023:
The Union Cabinet has approved continuation of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), till March 2023.
- The AIM shall work on its intended target of creating an innovation culture and entrepreneurial ecosystem in the country
- This will be done by AIM via its various programs.
- The intended targets that will be achieved by AIM are:
- Establishing 10000 Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs),
- Establishing 101 Atal Incubation Centers (AICs),
- Establishing 50 Atal Community Innovation Centers (ACICs) and
- Supporting 200 startups via the Atal New India Challenges.
- The total budgeted expenditure of 2000+ crore shall be incurred in the process of the establishment and supporting the beneficiaries.
- The Mission has been set up under the NITI Aayog, in accordance with the Finance Minister’s declaration in the 2015 Budget Speech.
- The objectives of the AIM are to create and promote an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country via interventions at school, university, research institutions, MSME and industry levels.