Cyber Surakshit Bharat Initiative:
The National e-Governance Division (NeGD) recently organised the 40th Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) Deep-Dive training programme under the Cyber Surakshit Bharat Initiative.
- Cyber Surakshit Bharat Initiative is an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India.
- It was conceptualised with the mission to spread awareness about cybercrime and build the capacities of Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) and frontline IT officials across all government departments.
- It is an initiative to fortify the cyber security system in India with regard to the Government’s vision of a Digital India.
- It was launched in cooperation with the National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and various industry partners in India.
- It can be entitled as the first public-private enterprise of its kind.
- The partners involved in the origination of this scheme include chief IT companies like Intel, Microsoft, etc.
- It will be operated on three principles: education, awareness, and enablement.
- It will comprise a program of awareness on the importance of cybersecurity.
- The scheme will also include a number of workshops on the best enablement and practices of the officials with cybersecurity health tool kits for the management and mitigation of cyber threats.