Dare To Dream Contest:
A total of 5,637 applications have been received under three Dare to Dream Contests to promote individual and start-ups for innovation in the area of defence and aerospace in last three years.
- Dare to Dream Contest was initiated in memory of the former President of India, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) provides a unique opportunity for start-ups and innovators to solve some key challenges in emerging technologies that can help boost India’s defence & aerospace capabilities.
- DRDO has been launching this Contest every year since 2019 to bring together innovators, entrepreneurs, individuals above 18 years and start-ups.
- Dare to Dream 2.0 and Dare to Dream 3.0 were launched in 2020 and 2021, respectively.
- The selection criteria for evaluation of the entries are completeness of proposal, scientific soundness, design completeness, merit, technological readiness level achieved and innovation.