Scheme For Providing Quality Education To Madrasas/Minorities:
The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Social Justice and Empowerment has enquired with the Union Government for the delay in approving the continuation of the Scheme for Providing Education to Madrasas/Minorities (SPEMM).
- SPEMM seeks to provide financial assistance to madrasas and minority institutes.
- Implementing Agency: The Department of School Education and Literacy under the Ministry of Education.
- Scheme for Providing Quality Education in Madrasas (SPQEM): It seeks to bring about qualitative improvement in Madrasas to enable Muslim children attain standards of the National education system in formal education subjects.
- Infrastructure Development of Minority Institutes (IDMI): It has been operationalised to augment Infrastructure in Private Aided/Unaided Minority Schools/Institutions in order to enhance the quality of education to minority children.
- To provide financial assistance to traditional institutions to encourage them to introduce Science, Mathematics, Social Studies, Hindi and English in their curriculum to attain proficiency.
- To strengthen State Madrasa Boards opting for assistance by enabling them to monitor the Madrasa modernization programme.
- To provide quality components in Madrasas such as remedial teaching, assessment and enhancement of learning outcomes, Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan etc.
- To encourage educational facilities for girls, children with special needs and those who are most deprived educationally amongst the minorities.