Data Governance Quality Index:
The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways (MoPSW) has secured the second position among 66 ministries in the highly influential Data Governance Quality Index (DGQI) assessment for 2022-2023 (Q3)
- Data Governance Quality Index (DGQI) is a comprehensive framework that evaluates the data governance practices of various ministries and departments of the Government of India.
- It covers aspects such as data quality, data security, data sharing, data analytics, data innovation and data literacy.
- The DGQI assessment is conducted by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) in collaboration with the NITI Aayog.
- To assess the data preparedness of various ministries and departments on a standardized framework.
- To drive healthy competition among them and promote cooperative peer learning from best practices.