Delhi Model Virtual School (DMVS):
The Delhi government has started the “Delhi Model Virtual School” to provide opportunities to the students of the National Capital Region and beyond.
- It is an online platform, which will conduct completely online classes, and will help the students to complete their studies without visiting the school.
- This school will have special teachers who are trained to take online classes and aims to increase the enrollment ratio, especially for those who do not have access to physical schools.
- Any person who has studied at least up to class 8 from a registered school and is in the age group of 13 to 18 years can apply for admission to class 9 in this virtual school.
- The school will offer online classes including virtual lectures, recorded and live lectures, and skill-based courses as well as training for other competitive exams including JEE Main, NEET and CUET.
- There will be no option of physical classes in this school, it will be completely virtual.
- Apart from this, another great feature will be that if you miss class, or you are not able to take class someday, then you will also be able to see the recording.
- This school was started with the aim of providing education to the begging children on the streets, children from remote villages who do not have proper schools, girls from socially disadvantaged backgrounds living outside their neighbourhoods.
- This school will give opportunity to all those students who are not able to access education.