Best Aspirational District : Haridwar
NITI Aayog has declared Haridwar city of Uttarakhand as the best aspirational district on the basis of five parameters. Haridwar has secured first position in Basic Infrastructure theme. Now an additional allocation of Rs 3 crore will be made to this city.
- The programme was launched in January 2018 aims to quickly and effectively transform some of most underdeveloped districts of the country.
- This scheme has been implemented along with the central and state schemes.
- In its successful implementation, there is important cooperation of the ‘in-charge’ officers of the central, state level and district collectors.
- The competition between these districts is maintained through equated monthly delta rankings, so that they are eager to make it a success.
- The ranking of aspirational districts combines innovative use of data with practical governance, placing the district at the center of inclusive growth.
- As per the norms for planning of aspirational districts, each district should prepare an action plan in consultation with the State and Central officers in charge, after which it should be sent to NITI Aayog for final approval of the Empowered Committee of Secretaries constituted for the programme.