District Legal Services Authorities:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the inaugural session of the first All India District Legal Services Authorities Meet in New Delhi on July 30, 2022.
- The first-ever national-level meet of District Legal Services Authorities (DLSAs) is being organized at Vigyan Bhawan by National Legal Services Authority.
- The meeting will deliberate on the creation of an integrated procedure to bring homogeneity and synchronization across DLSAs.
- There are a total of 676 District Legal Services Authorities in the country.
- They are headed by the District Judge who acts as Chairman of the authority.
- Through DLSAs and State Legal Services Authorities, various legal aid and awareness programs are implemented by National Legal Services Authority.
- The DLSAs also contribute towards reducing the burden on courts by regulating the Lok Adalats conducted by NALSA.