’Divyangta Khel Kendras’:
Union minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot announced establishment of five ’Divyangta Khel Kendras’ in different parts of country.
- They have been established while looking at the interest towards the sports among the Divyangjan of the country and their good performance in Paralympics.
- He also distributed aids and assistive devices to ‘Divyangjan’ under the Assistance to Disabled Persons (ADIP) Scheme of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- ADIP is one of the most popular schemes for providing assistive aids and appliance to Divyangjans.
- It is organized by Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALIMCO), a Public Sector Undertaking under the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- The Corporation started manufacturing artificial aids in 1976.