Draft National Tourism Policy:
The Draft National Tourism Policy has been prepared by the Indian Government to focus on digital, and green tourism.
- This policy has been forwarded to the state governments, industry partners, and other allied ministries for getting their feedback before the policy is sent for approval.
- Earlier, three draft strategies with roadmaps for developing Rural Tourism, promotion of Medical and Wellness Tourism, and the Meetings, incentives, conferencing, and exhibitions (MICE) Industry were formulated by the Indian tourism ministry.
- In the next 10 years, the focus will be given to the areas of digital tourism, green tourism, skilling in the hospitality sector, destination management, and supporting Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) related tourism.
- This policy doesn’t deal with specific operational related issues, but it offers conditions that will help this sector.
- The overall aim of this policy is to improve the experience of the tourists who will be visiting these tourist spots.
- To improve this sector focus will also be given to the development of infrastructure.