ACC Ready Mix Concrete has recently introduced its new low carbon range of concrete called ECOPact. It is a “Green Concrete” that has been introduced for a high-performing, sustainable and circular construction.
- ECOPact was launched in Mumbai and Hyderabad in the first phase.
- It will be rolled out across the country in a phased manner within a few weeks.
- The ECOPact was rolled out with the objectives of enhancing the transition towards low-carbon and circular construction.
- The innovative manufacturing process of the ECOPact will reduce CO2 emissions by up to 100 percent.
- It will also enhance the sustainable product offerings in the construction industry.
- It is a concrete that comprises 30-50 percent lower embodied carbon content as compared to the reference concrete which is designed with OPC.
- This innovative range uses CO2-reduced binders.
- It was manufactured using optimized mix designs in order to reduce the carbon footprint.
- It is suitable for all structural components ranging from foundations including elements such as columns, external or internal walls, beams, slabs, driveways, and walkways.