ACC Ready Mix Concrete has recently introduced its new low carbon range of concrete called ECOPact. It is a “Green Concrete” that has been introduced for a high-performing, sustainable and circular construction.
- ECOPact was launched in Mumbai and Hyderabad in the first phase.
- It will be rolled out across the country in a phased manner within a few weeks.
- The ECOPact was rolled out with the objectives of enhancing the transition towards low-carbon and circular construction.
- The innovative manufacturing process of the ECOPact will reduce CO2 emissions by up to 100 percent.
- It will also enhance the sustainable product offerings in the construction industry.
- It is a concrete that comprises 30-50 percent lower embodied carbon content as compared to the reference concrete which is designed with OPC.
- This innovative range uses CO2-reduced binders.
- It was manufactured using optimized mix designs in order to reduce the carbon footprint.
- It is suitable for all structural components ranging from foundations including elements such as columns, external or internal walls, beams, slabs, driveways, and walkways.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking