Iran-Russia Maritime Security Belt 2021:
India has joined the “Iran-Russia Maritime Security Belt 2021″ which is a two-day naval exercise. The exercise is being held in the northern part of the Indian Ocean.
- The drill was participated by the forces and vessels from navy divisions of both the Iranian army and Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC).
- Several vessels from the Russian navy also participated in the drill.
- Indian Navy has also joined the exercise with selected vessels.
- The drill will also be participated by the Chinese Navy.
- It will cover an area of 17,000 square kilometers.
- The naval exercise will carry the range of activities including the shooting at sea targets, air targets, the liberation of the hijacked ships, anti-piracy operations, and search & rescue operations.