Employees Provident Fund Organisation : Extended The deadline For Members
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has extended the deadline for members and pensioners to apply for higher Provident Fund (PF) pensions till July 11.
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is a statutory bodythat came into existence under the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, of 1952.
- The Act and Schemes framed there under are administered by a tripartite Board known as the Central Board of Trustees, Employees’ Provident Fund, consisting of representatives of Government (Both Central and State), Employers, and Employees.
- The Board administers a contributory provident fund, a pension scheme, and an insurance scheme for the workforce engaged in the organized sector in India.
- It is one of the world’s largest organizations in terms of clientele and the volume of financial transactions undertaken by it.
- The Board is assisted by the Employees’ PF Organization (EPFO), consisting of offices at 122 locations across the country.
- The EPFO is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.