Enforcing Contracts Portal:
The portal aims to promote ease of doing business and improve ‘Contract Enforcement Regime’ in country
- It is envisioned to be a comprehensive source of information pertaining to the legislative and policy reforms being undertaken on the “Enforcing Contracts” parameters
- It includes the latest data related to the functioning and disposal of commercial cases in the Dedicated Commercial Courts of Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Kolkata. These Dedicated Commercial Courts have been established for speedy resolution of commercial disputes.
- The Doing Business Report of World Bank Group benchmarks business regulations across 191 economies of the world.
- The Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) index is a ranking system of economies across 11 areas of business regulation.
- The “Enforcing Contracts” indicator is one such essential area that measures time and cost to resolve a standardized commercial dispute as well as a series of good practices in the judiciary.
- Currently, only the cities of Delhi and Mumbai are under the purview of the Ease of Doing Business survey by World Bank.
- Kolkata and Bengaluru are likely to be included in the Doing Business Report in future.