Environment Education, Awareness And Training (EEAT):
Environment Education scheme has been revamped into Environment Education Programme.
- Environment Education, Awareness and Training (EEAT) is a Central Sector scheme implemented by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change .
- Objective: To promote environmental awareness and mobilize students’ participation for environment conservation.
- Under this Scheme there are two major programmes namely Green Corps (NGC) Programme and National Nature Camping Programme (NNCP)
Green Corps (NGC) Programme:
- Under this scheme more than 1 lakh Eco-clubs have been formed in schools and colleges to educate students and to spread awareness on environmental
- A financial assistance of Rs 5,000/- per Eco-club used to be provided under this programme with a ceiling of 500 school Eco-clubs per district and 100 college Eco-clubs per State.
National Nature Camping Programme (NNCP):
- Under this scheme ,organization of field visits/ nature camps in different Protected Areas/ Nature Parks/ Tiger Reserves of the country for students were supported.