Exercise Vayu Prahar:
The Indian Army and the Indian Air force recently conducted a joint exercise, ‘Vayu Prahar’.
- Exercise Vayu Prahar is a multi-domain air-land exercise jointly conducted by the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force.
- The special forces also participated along with the Army and the Navy in the 96-hour exercise which was held in the eastern theatre.
- Objective is to validate joint plans to prosecute synergized multiple-domain operations.
- The scope of the exercise included the rapid mobilization of an earmarked Rapid Reaction Force from the hinterland to undertake air-landed operations in a nominated Advance Landing Ground.
- The air-landed force further executed contingency tasks as per a realistic exercise scenario in challenging high-altitude terrain conditions.
- The exercise enabled coordination and rehearsal amongst various agencies for quick mobilization, transportation, and deployment of forces within a theatre.