First Anti-Corruption Working Group Meeting (ACWG) Of G-20:
The First Anti-Corruption Working Group Meeting (ACWG) of G-20 is set to take place in Gurugram, Haryana, from 1st to 3rd March 2023.
- It is under India’s chairpersonship, and Italy is the co-chair country.
- Over 90 delegates from 20 member countries, 10 Invitee countries, and 9 International Organizations will engage in detailed deliberations on strengthening International Anti-corruption mechanisms.
- Focus areas:
- Enhancing the effectiveness of asset-tracing and identification mechanisms;
- Developing mechanisms for rapid restrain of illicit assets;
- Promoting effective use of open-source information and asset recovery networks;
- The theme of India’s G20 Presidency is – “VasudhaivaKutumbakam” or “One Earth. One Family, One Future”.
- The G20 Anti-Corruption Working Group (ACWG) was set up in June 2010 at the Toronto Summit.
- G20 ACWG has been at the forefront of guiding the anti-corruption initiatives of G20 countries