First Indian To Top ICC Men’s Test Bowling Rankings:
The Indian cricket team’s fast bowler, Jasprit Bumrah, became the first Indian pacer to top the ICC Men’s Test Bowling Rankings after his stupendous bowling performance in the Visakhapatnam Test against England.
- Bumrah surpassed Pat Cummins, Kagiso Rabada, and Ravichandran Ashwin to attain the number one spot, becoming just the fourth Indian to achieve the feat after Bishan Singh Bedi, Ravindra Jadeja and Ashwin (all spinners).
- Kane Williamson from New Zealand currently tops the ICC Men’s Test Batting Rankings
- Jasprit Bumrah became first bowler in the history of cricket to attain number one ranking across all three formats (ODI, Test, T20Is) of the game.
- Virat Kohli and Jasprit Bumrah are the only Asian players to become number 1 in all three formats.
- Bumrah showcased outstanding bowling performance in first two Tests of the ongoing five-match five-match Test series between India and England.
- The star pacer played a key role in India’s resounding victory in IND vs ENG 2nd Test in Visakhapatnam, securing six wickets in first innings and three wickets in second innings.